Dr. Krumbeck is one of few physicians specializing in the treatment of chronic health conditions in children. Dr. Krumbeck likes to practice her own healthy lifestyle with her wonderful husband Jason, a physical therapist, and their children Annika and Leopold. She is a professional member of the Pediatric Association of Naturopathic Physicians.
Latest posts by Erika Krumbeck, ND (see all)
- A “Stork Bite” is NOT a sign of MTHFR - November 22, 2019
- Doctor recommended BEST books & resources to help anxious kids - November 16, 2018
- How to do wet wraps for eczema (atopic dermatitis) - September 28, 2018
This product is designed for Naturopathic Physicians, Primary Care Providers or other healthcare providers only. It is not intended for personal or patient use.
Included in Physician Resources – Charting Templates 15 months to 4 years
- Subjective, Objective, Assessment (with ICD-10 codes) and Plan templates for ages 15 months, 18 months, 2 years, 3 years and 4 years.
- Subjective information includes questions to ask parents, including information on diet, sleep, parenting, parent’s mental health (and relationship), safety, dental care, screen time, developmental milestones at each age, and more.
- Cues to complete autism screening at 18 months and 24 months (as recommended by AAP).
- Objective information includes sample templates for “normal” findings for all body systems at each age group.
- Assessment includes ICD-10 codes appropriate for each time frame (for normal findings).
- Plan information includes a template for providing naturopathic guidance for each time frame. This includes information about diet and nutrition, development, toddler tempers, developing connection with parent & toddler, parent self-care, safety concerns, discipline, potty training, pre-K skills and more. This helps trigger reminders to discuss certain topics at specific ages (e.g., assessing Kindergarten Readiness).
Text Expander templates
Also included in this download are Text Expander templates.
Text expander is a paid app that lets you insert snippets of text using short codes. You will need to purchase Text Expander separately (no affiliation, and it is very reasonably priced.)
I have included templates that can be copied and pasted into your Text Expander program, which allows you to create entire templates within your EMR system simply by typing a short snippet. You will need to set up each snippet with a keyword or short code that you prefer. In my practice I use snippets starting with a semi-colon (to prevent from accidental use of a text expander). For example typing ;18mowell would pull up my entire 18 month subjective. This is optional, but highly recommended as it makes charting extremely efficient.
Well Child Guides
Also included are the black & white physician versions of our Well Child Guides ages 15 months, 18 months, 2 year, 3 year, and 4 year. Use these as handouts for your practice for each well child check. Well Child Guides also include an Herb Guide which gives specific dosing instructions for use of child-safe herbs. * Patients LOVE them!
Included in the 15 Month Well Child Guide
- What is normal development and behavior at 15 months.
- What is NOT normal, and when to be concerned.
- Extremely important safety tips for toddlers on the move.
- A naturopathic approach to developing Emotional Intelligence and preventing toddler temper tantrums.
- How to maintain healthy eating habits for your toddler.
- How to establish healthy dental habits.
- Sleep tips for those tricky restless toddlers.
Included in the 18 Month Well Child Guide
- What is normal development and behavior at 18 months.
- What is NOT normal, and when to be concerned.
- Normal sleep patterns at this age.
- A naturopathic approach to discipline for toddlers. (Tip: Discipline means “To Teach”)
- Helpful parenting tips when your toddler pushes boundaries.
- Important safety tips, including car-seats, shoes, drowning prevention and more.
- Nutrition tips, including calcium requirements for this age.
- How YOU may be feeling and how to support yourself through this (sometimes) tiring age.
Included in the 2 Year Well Child Guide
- What is normal at age 2 (temperament, behavior, development).
- Helpful parenting tips for tricky 2-year-old behavior, including what to expect, how to manage time and independence.
- Potty training tips! How to start potty training, keep it rewarding, and common mistakes to avoid.
- Screen time tips
- Safety concerns for this age group, including street safety, car seats and more.
- Nutrition tips, including what to do if your child has “beige syndrome.”
- How to encourage language development.
- How to emotionally regulate your child.
Included in the 3 Year Well Child Guide
- What is normal at age 3. (Development, personality, etc.)
- When to be concerned, what is NOT normal at age 3.
- Nutrition tips.
- What to do if your child has potty training regression, or isn’t potty trained yet.
- How to manage 3-year-old temper tantrums, power struggles, behavior problems and fears.
- Screen time limits, what is healthy and not healthy use of tablets, cell phones and TV for kids.
- Safety tips like preventing drowning and secondary drowning, poisoning prevention, helmets, fire safety and more.
- How to encourage your child to be an early reader.
Included in the 4 Year Well Child guide
- What is normal at age 4. (Development, personality, etc.)
- When to be concerned, what is NOT normal at age 4.
- Nutrition tips – how to encourage healthy eating habits and how to manage super picky eaters.
- How to encourage eye-hand coordination in your child.
- How to develop early literacy skills.
- Ideas for preschool “play” to help encourage brain development.
- Limits for healthy screen time.
- Safety tips for children: car seats, fire safety, biking safety, indoor air pollution and more.
- Body part safety, how to discuss boy vs. girl private parts with your 4-year-old.
- Dental hygiene.
- Information on pre-Kindergarten vaccines (required in most states).
- Visual development.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This information is provided for informational purposes only and is not medical advice.