- Naturopathic Pediatrics and PedANP statement on Racism, plus Resources for Parents and Providers - June 20, 2020
- How to help your child handle this pandemic. - April 19, 2020
- A “Stork Bite” is NOT a sign of MTHFR - November 22, 2019
A note from Dr. Erika Krumbeck:
In most pediatrician’s offices parents and caregivers are given a handout at the end of their child’s wellness visit. This handout is called “anticipatory guidance” and typically includes information about how to keep their child safe.
While I do think these handouts are useful, they usually do not go beyond the basics of “here’s how to not seriously injure your child” (LOL!)
Several years ago I started wondering – wouldn’t it be better if we gave our patients Wellness Guides? I wanted to have something to give parents that went beyond the normal anticipatory guidance handouts. Something that parents could treasure – a guide that looks really nice, with a place to take notes and track progress. I wanted to include information on how to support children holistically, how to prevent future problems, and how to support parents in each age group. (Phew, being a parent can be tough at times, and we need all the support we can get!)
As a naturopathic physician my goal is to not just treat sick kids, but to keep kids from getting sick in the first place. Prevention begins at each and every well child visit, when parents learn how to support their children in every aspect of their health. (Emotional, physical, and mental!)
We spend this extra time with families because our goal is not just to treat sick kids, but to keep kids from getting sick in the first place.
This Well Child Guide is a dense 7-pages packed with content and space for office notes and your child’s stats. It contains a naturopathic perspective on health for kids at their particular developmental stage. I also compiled many useful pieces of information into one place.
For more information on what this guide covers please see below!
Included in the 18 Month Well Child Guide
- A handy place to take notes at your child’s well child visit.
- What is normal development and behavior at 18 months.
- What is NOT normal, and when to be concerned.
- Normal sleep patterns at this age.
- A naturopathic approach to discipline for toddlers. (Tip: Discipline means “To Teach”)
- Helpful parenting tips when your toddler pushes boundaries
- Important safety tips, including car-seats, shoes, drowning prevention and more.
- Nutrition tips, including calcium requirements for this age
- How YOU may be feeling and how to support yourself through this (sometimes) tiring age
- A handy place to record memories of your child at this age.
- Included in every Well Child Guide is a Herb Guide! Each Herb Guide includes detailed information on use, safety and dosage* for a herb that Dr. Krumbeck deems to be age-appropriate. For the 18 Month Well Child Guide the Herb Guide is Chamomile: the classic “children’s” herb that can help stomachaches, insomnia and LOTS more!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This information is provided for informational purposes only and is not medical advice.