Latest posts by Erika Krumbeck, ND (see all)
- Naturopathic Pediatrics and PedANP statement on Racism, plus Resources for Parents and Providers - June 20, 2020
- How to help your child handle this pandemic. - April 19, 2020
- A “Stork Bite” is NOT a sign of MTHFR - November 22, 2019
A note from Dr. Erika Krumbeck:
In most pediatrician’s offices parents and caregivers are given a handout at the end of their child’s wellness visit. This handout is called “anticipatory guidance” and typically includes information about how to keep their child safe.
While I do think these handouts are useful, they usually do not go beyond the basics of “here’s how to not seriously injure your child” (LOL!)
Several years ago I started wondering – wouldn’t it be better if we gave our patients Wellness Guides? I wanted to have something to give parents that went beyond the normal anticipatory guidance handouts. Something that parents could treasure – a guide that looks really nice, with a place to take notes and track progress. I wanted to include information on how to support children holistically, how to prevent future problems, and how to support parents in each age group. (Phew, being a parent can be tough at times, and we need all the support we can get!)
As a naturopathic physician my goal is to not just treat sick kids, but to keep kids from getting sick in the first place. Prevention begins at each and every well child visit, when parents learn how to support their children in every aspect of their health. (Emotional, physical, and mental!)
We spend this extra time with families because our goal is not just to treat sick kids, but to keep kids from getting sick in the first place.
This Well Child Guide is a dense 7-pages packed with content and space for office notes and your child’s stats. It contains a naturopathic perspective on health for kids at their particular developmental stage. I also compiled many useful pieces of information into one place.
For more information on what this guide covers please see below!
Included in the 3 Year Well Child Guide
- A handy place to take notes at your child’s well child visit.
- What is normal at age 3. (Development, personality, etc.)
- When to be concerned, what is NOT normal at age 3.
- Nutrition tips.
- What to do if your child has potty training regression, or isn’t potty trained yet.
- How to manage 3-year-old temper tantrums, power struggles, behavior problems and fears.
- Screen time limits, what is healthy and not healthy use of tablets, cell phones and TV for kids.
- Safety tips like preventing drowning and secondary drowning, poisoning prevention, helmets, fire safety and more.
- How to encourage your child to be an early reader.
- A place to record memories of your child at this age.
- Included in every Well Child Guide is a Herb Guide! Each Herb Guide includes detailed information on use, safety and dosage* for a herb that Dr. Krumbeck deems to be age-appropriate. For the 3 Year Well Child Guide the Herb Guide is Nettles: a fantastic nourishing her that is great for allergies.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This information is provided for informational purposes only and is not medical advice.