Latest posts by Erika Krumbeck, ND (see all)
- Naturopathic Pediatrics and PedANP statement on Racism, plus Resources for Parents and Providers - June 20, 2020
- How to help your child handle this pandemic. - April 19, 2020
- A “Stork Bite” is NOT a sign of MTHFR - November 22, 2019
I’ve seen countless kids in my office with a chief complaint of chronic constipation, many of whom have seen conventional pediatricians and walked away with a prescription for Miralax. I’m not blaming them – Miralax works extremely quickly and is an easy recommendation to make (we know it will work!) – but it also fails to truly address the underlying cause of why a child is constipated.
One of the main principles of naturopathic medicine is called “Tolle Causem” or “Find the Cause.” For kids to have permanent change in their bowel habits we first need to find out why they were constipated in the first place. This e-book is designed to help YOU find the cause of your child’s constipation. Read on!
This e-book is a dense 26+ pages of checklists and step-by-step instructions. It includes:
- A resource guide and checklist for steps to take.
- A guide to “What is Normal?”
- Two separate methods and printables for increasing fiber intake and how to guarantee your child is eating enough fiber.
- How much water your child needs to reduce constipation.
- Options for elimination diets and which food is the number 1 cause of constipation.
- What is peristalsis? How does this affect constipation? Tricks to improve constipation, including
- Acupuncture & Acupressure
- How to teach bowel retraining and why this is so important. This step includes tricks like:
- How to encourage your child to have bowel movements
- Abdominal massage
- Movement and positioning to improve bowel habits
- Prune juice – why does it work? Who should avoid prune juice?
- Laxative use, safety and dosages
- Use of suppositories and enemas
- How to complete a bowel cleanout
- How long to continue therapies, and why
- When to immediately see a doctor, and when constipation is dangerous or a sign of something more serious.
This guide is intended to be used under the guidance of a naturopathic physician or pediatrician. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This information is provided for informational purposes only and is not medical advice.