Included in the 8 Year Well Child Guide
- A handy place to take notes at your child’s well child visit.
- What is normal development at 8 years of age.
- Common behaviors, worries and quirks for this age. Learning these normal behaviors will definitely help you understand your 8-year-old!
- What is NOT normal, and when to be concerned.
- Information about hygiene and hormone changes (yes, they are starting now!)
- Tips for getting kids to participate in chores.
- Parenting tips for 8-year-olds.
- Age-appropriate information about growth, nutrition, sleep requirements, dental care, and more.
- Information about preventing accidents – the number 1 cause of death and hospitalization in this age group.
- A handy place to record memories of your child at this age.
- NEW – Two pages for YOUR child to read (with your help). The 8 Year Well Child Guide includes two pages on Preventing Accidents. These incredibly important tips review drowning prevention, firearm safety, poisoning prevention, and even how to teach your child to avoid dangerous TikTok “challenges.”
- Included in every Well Child Guide is a Herb Guide! Each Herb Guide includes detailed information on use, safety and dosage* for a herb that Dr. Krumbeck deems to be age-appropriate. For the 8 Year Well Child Guide the Herb Guide is Thyme, or Thymus vulgaris: my personal favorite respiratory antimicrobial herb.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This information is provided for informational purposes only and is not medical advice.