Latest posts by Sylvi Martin (see all)
- The hidden dangers of toxic scented products. (And how to keep your kids safe!) - August 23, 2018
- Blueberry Lemon Popsicles – a Cool Treat for a Hot day! - July 6, 2018
- Nipping Winter Nosebleeds – A Naturopathic Approach - January 24, 2018
A healthy summertime treat your kids will LOVE!
Blueberry lemon popsicles make a cool treat for hot summer days, plus they’re full of Vitamin C and antioxidants!
To make, combine the following ingredients in your blender:
- 1 cup blueberries
- fresh juice from 5 lemons, be sure to strain out the seeds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey (you can use more or less to taste to adjust the tartness)
- 3 cups of water
Blend thoroughly until the blueberries liquefied.
Freeze in popsicle trays or BPA-free popsicle bags for 4-6 hours until frozen.
- For younger children, the juice can be strained to remove the blueberry seeds before freezing.
- Raspberries can be used instead of blueberries for a different flavour combination.
- To add in some protein, replace 1 cup of water with 1 cup of Greek yogurt.
- Safety: in order to reduce the risk of botulism, honey should not be used in children under one year of age.